Fondant is a bee favorite winter feeding. Here is Bob Blackwelder’s recipe:
• 10 pounds of granulated sugar
• 3 cups of water
• 2 Tablespoons of white vinegar
• Heat, use candy thermometer and heat to 234 degrees
• Remove from heat, then cool until mixture is around 200 degrees.
• Put in mixer then blend until it is white.
• Pour into per-sprayed molds (Pam or canola oil is recommended).
• Cool over night. The next morning cut into cake sized patties to place on top of bee frames.
Remember to use a ring on your hives to allow space for the fondant cakes.